Lotus Rootstock with shrimp and meat
In reality, self- sufficiency was the land of the Viet Nam economy in a long time ago, as a consequence, people always took advantage all material available that they can utilize. Here is Lotus rootstock with shrimp and meat.
The lotus flower is used for decoration, lotus seeds for making medicine and the lotus roorstock for salad. This dish comprised of crunchy pickled a lotus root, carrots, tender pork and shrimp and dressed with fish sauce, crispy fried shallot and roasted peanut. Lotus rootstock with shrimp and meat is good choice in hot weather.
- 2 jars of pickled lotus rootstock
- 1 bunch of fresh corriander
- 1 bunch of mint
- 500g pork shoulder
- 500 shrimp
- 2 tablespoons of roasted peanuts
- 2 tablespoons of fried shallot
- ½ cup of dipping fish sauce
1. Boil the pork shoulder in water and little bit of salt and sugar. Boil the shrimp with the shells on in water. Set aside the pork shoulder and shrimp and let it cool.
2. Peel carrot and slice to many thin lines
3. Rinse out pickled lotus rootstock. Cut the lotus root in haft shortwise. Diagnally in bite size pieces. Coarsely chop the fresh coriander and mints. Now with the pork and shrimp cooled. Peel the shrimps and slice the shrimps in haft lengthwise diving at the same time.
4. In a large bowl, mix together the drained pickled lotus root and carrot, mint, coriander, sliced pork
and fish sauce. Top the salad with shrimp, roasted peanuts and fried shallot.